Please be aware of a recent Fake NHS Covid-19 vaccine text alert
The text appears to be from the NHS and states that the recipient is eligible to receive the vaccine.
Recipients are then encouraged to click the hyperlink to an application form. The link takes you to an extremely convincing fake NHS website which asks for personal and financial details.
Remember, the NHS will NEVER ask for your payment details.
Stop and Think!
If you receive one of these scam messages:
- Do not respond or click the link.
- Forward the message to 7726
- If you have clicked and supplied your details, report it immediately to Action Fraud.
Other Covid-19 related SMS Scams:
- Fake links claiming a link to the GOV.UK website to claim a Covid-19 related payment.
- Fines suggesting you have breached lockdown.
- Others of health supplements that will prevent you from becoming infected.
- Financial support offers that appear to be from your bank.
Action Fraud: Devon & Cornwall Police Cyber Protection Unit